News
Trending

Port Harcourt hospital killed my pregnant wife- Businessman

The deceased

A Port Harcout-based businessman has taken to Facebook to accuse a private hospital in the Rivers State capital of negligence leading to the death of his pregnant wife.

The pregnant wife was well beyond her due date when she started having stomach pain and went to the hospital.

Writing on his facebook page with the handle, Johnny De Goodman, the husband complained that St. Martins Hospital delayed operating on the wife to bring out the baby and the wife later died.

Read his full account below:

“Her due date was 29th October. She has passed her EDD as she was 40 weeks plus 3 days due.

She went for her routine check-up and did a scan last week Tuesday, 1st November 2022. The scan results confirmed that the baby mother and child were all in perfect condition.

The doctor told her if she does not go into natural labour between that Tuesday till the end of the week, she should come with her bags the following week so as to be manually induced into labour.

So on Sunday night 6th November 2022 at about past 11 pm she started having stomach pains.

Then we proceeded to the hospital.

We got to the hospital by 12 midnight and the doctor available told her she was 5 cm dilated and was already in labour.

They said she would need to get to 10cm dilated before she will be (taken) to the delivery room.

By 2 am, the doctor came to observe her and burst her water bag.

At about 5 am the doctor told me that the baby was in distress and defecated in my wife’s womb and said that if the baby stays any longer in the womb it will (pose) some future health threat to the child when delivered or the child might likely die in the womb. And recommended her for an operation. I and my wife gave our consent immediately.

The doctor kept on delaying in commencing with the operation without any viable reason except that the gynaecologist and the team of doctors that would perform the operation needed to arrive at the theatre.

By past 6 am, I went again to meet the doctor to know why they are yet to commence the operation,  I met him handing over to another consultant, asked him if he was leaving and he said he was done for the day. I asked him about the operation that he suggested, and he said it will soon commence and also told me that they may likely also reconsider her delivering normally without being operated.

I asked further if there was no cause for alarm considering the previous report he gave, and he said there was nothing to worry about.

The deceased

8.15 am my wife, walked into the theatre for the operation.

By past 11 am, they came to tell me that they gave her drugs to prepare her for the operation and after some minutes, her heart stopped beating, her pulse stopped responding.

How can a woman that came into the hospital full of health and physically strong automatically stop beating immediately she was administered drugs on????

The doctors failed to bring out the baby from her womb even after when they confirmed to me that baby was still alive in the womb

The operation was not done, my wife gone, baby gone.

They abandoned me, my wife’s lifeless body, our innocent unborn baby in the theater without anybody coming to give even a word of sympathy let alone explain to me what happened till this moment I write to the whole world.

Human lives mean nothing Nigerian Hospitals and their incompetent Doctors.

(Value for Humans’ lives is like mere laboratory tools to them.)

St Martins Hospital Portharcourt must pay for taking my wife away from me, killing our baby and exterminating my generation.”

In another post, he wrote:

“Monday 7th November 2022, my entire world, was shattered.

My wife and our unborn baby (were) murdered by the carelessness, negligence and wickedness of the doctors at St Martins Hospital Portharcourt. Even up till this time, the hospital has not deemed it important to reach out to me.

To them, it will continue to be business as usual.

I took a healthy strong lively expectant mother to them and they gave me three dead bodies to go home with. They killed my wife, our unborn baby and the mother to my next generation.

I do not have the connection, the power, the money to seek for legal redress.

I am here to speak up and know if the whole world will help me seek justice for this cruelty.

Several accounts have been received about their negligence unfortunately the victims probably allowed it to be swept under the carpet by not speaking up.

If I can get redress I will at least let the whole (world) know that your life is at great risk entrusting it into the hands of the monsters in the doctor form at St Martins Hospital.

If have ever experienced this cruelty at St Martins Hospital Portharcourt, please help me and speak up so that the world will know what this hospita and their doctors are doing to human lives.”

 

Related Articles

Back to top button